KKDS-LP is now a fully licensed LPFM station, bringing you 24 hours of eclectic, commercial-free music and programs. If you are interested in hosting a show on KKDS, please see our "Get Involved!" page.
- Community Voices:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30am; Fridays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 11:30am
- A weekly discussion with members of our community about a number of issues and perspectives.
- The Dead Set:
Saturdays from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Greatful Dead classics with Larry Jackson.
- The Inkwell:
Saturdays at 9:00am
- Interviews, music and local happenings with Tanya.
- The Jay and Ray Sports Talk Show:
Fridays from 4:00pm to 5:30pm
- Co-hosts Jason Brown and Ray Hamil break down an assortment of sports topics, both local and national. Ray Hamill brings more than 15 years experience as a print and broadcast journalist, including the past decade covering local Humboldt County sports. Jason Brown is a keen sports enthusiast with experience in broadcast journalism. The show frequently includes a weekly guest.
- Local Live:
Wednesdays at 9:00pm and Saturdays at 8:00pm
- Open mic performances from local coffee houses.
Sundays at 2:00pm
- A 1 hour show with stories from different Native American Nations and from other parts of the Country and World.
- Librivox Audio Books - Mark Twain's Innocents Abroad:
Thursdays at 4:00pm
- Each week brings a new chapter of Mark Twain's classic work as read by the volunteers at Librivox.org
- Mark's on the Mic:
Tuesdays from 9:00pm to midnight
- Mark Dupre provides a window in to the wackier side of Humboldt County with music, comedy and on-the-spot questions-of-the-week.
- Musically Inclined:
Wednesdays from 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Rock out with the Kiman.
- The Pickle Head Caye Bar and Grille:
Thursdays from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Larry brings his extensive collection of Tropical-Rock, Reggae, Island, Cajun, Ska, Cubano, Soca, Country, Zydeco and Traditional Caribbean Folk music to the party. Read more...
- Pow Wow and More
Thursdays at 8:00pm
- Two hours of Native American Pow Wow music and traditional music with some Indian Country news items and the occasional local Native Artists and other Independent Native Artists.
- Radio Goethe:
Wednesdays at 3:00pm and Thursdays at 10:00pm
- A music show featuring bands from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Street Soldiers:
Mondays at 10:00am and Wednesdays at 10:00pm
- Coming to us out of San Francisco, Street Soldiers is an Omega Boys Club sponsored, solutions oriented, weekly call-in show for youth, that focuses on the issues of violence, gangs, drugs, teen pregnancy and other topics which need attention in the community.
- Teen Platform:
Mondays at 5:00pm and Saturdays and Sundays at 3:00pm
- “Teen Platform” features the voices and opinions of the teenage youth throughout Humboldt County. They have many options to express themselves. They can choose to recite poetry, play music, perform a skit that they have written, interview anyone, record any type of community event…basically they can express themselves in any fashion as long as it is positive, educational, and meaningful!
- Tripping Over Power Lines:
Sundays at 5:00pm
- DJ Derik Rose brings freeform radio: acoustic, R&B, ambient and noise, alternative, hip-hop and rap, forgotten and neglected pop songs, electronic music, and occasional selections from local musicians, as well as other oddities.
- Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour:
Fridays at 9pm and Sundays at 7pm
- Folksinger Michael Johnathon's Live Audience Program on Grassroots, Folk, Americana, Blues, Bluegrass Artists and more.